The Hood Canal Coordinating Council works with partners and communities to advance a shared regional vision to protect and recover Hood Canal’s environmental, economic, and cultural wellbeing.
The Hood Canal Coordinating Council is a council of governments formed in 1985 in response to community concerns about water quality problems and related natural resource issues in the Hood Canal watershed.
HCCC envisions that humans benefit from and coexist sustainably with a healthy Hood Canal. Member governments include Jefferson, Kitsap, and Mason Counties, and the Port Gamble S’Klallam and Skokomish Tribes.
The HCCC currently operates under a variety of authorities in its coordination among its member governments and regional partners:
- Regional Recovery Organization for Hood Canal summer chum salmon (RCW 90.88.030(1)(a))
- Lead Entity for salmon recovery in Hood Canal (RCW 77.85.050 - 77.85.070)
- Management Board for aquatic rehabilitation in Hood Canal (RCW 90.88.030(1))
- Local Integrating Organization (LIO) for the Hood Canal Action Area
- Washington State non-profit public benefit corporation with 501(c)(3) IRS status and a registered charitable organization
Please contact HCCC staff to join the email lists that interest you and stay up to date on HCCC programs and events. You may unsubscribe at any time. HCCC does not sell or share our lists with any third-parties:
- Board Meetings Email List - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive HCCC Board meeting agendas
- Hood Canal Environmental Awards Email List - Contact email@example.com to receive information on HCCC's annual Hood Canal Environmental Awards
- Lead Entity Process - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on Lead Entity process deadlines and applicant information
- Salmon Recovery Forum Funding Opportunities - Contact email@example.com to receive information on grants and other funding opportunities from salmon recovery partners
- Salmon Recovery Program Forum - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on Hood Canal salmon recovery announcements and events
- Hood Canal Local Integrating Organization (LIO) & Near Term Action Planning List - Contact email@example.com to receive updates on LIO activities and the Near Term Action planning process
Hood Canal Watershed Education Network (HCWEN)
HCWEN is the Eco-Net for the Hood Canal area, and brings together outreach and education professionals to coordinate efforts and share information on environmental stewardship initiatives and activities around the region. Learn more about HCWEN here.
Photo by WSDOT
Access to Records